To ensure you complete your round with enough battery life left to submit your scores. We advise to :
- Fully charge your device prior to use
- Close all other applications that are running in the background
- Try LOW POWER MODE option on your device.
- Set your device to DO NOT DISTURB during play.
- Do NOT attempt to use the app in FLIGHT or AIRPLANE mode as data connection between the clubs golf system is required - even during the round.
- If you have a powered motor buggy, check if the unit has a USB charger available to connect up too.
- Try a lower setting for the Brightness level in the Apps menu settings. By default it is 80% backlight usage however you can try a lower % and adjust until you can still visually see the app interface in the sun.
- Reduce the usage of the Maps interface within the app. We discourage disabling Locations as a major benefit of the app is receiving distances to the green/pins on the main scoring interface. Separate to Maps use.
- Have a read about Battery Health for Apple devices> https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT208387
- If you find that your devices battery health is low, you can purchase a back up battery unit which can be attached to your phone to receive additional power during the round.
- Leave the screen saver enabled (on by default within the app). This is designed to reduce the backlight brightness when the app is not used after X seconds thus saving battery usage. Simply touching the screen will get you back to the score screen
Apple iPhone helpful tips to reduce battery usage: YouTube Video>