The Essential Website is the 2012 MiClub template site, here are some guidelines to help manage your Essential Website.
1. What can I edit?
- Anything below the menu bar except the home slide show
- News items (See editing posts or adding posts)
- Promo Links - Four image links on the homepage (see below)
- Quick Links (See creating a link)
- Get in Touch
- Page and menu titles
- Page content (See editing pages)
- News Sliders (See adding a post to the slider)
2. What do I need to ask MiClub to change?
- Move a page/menu item to a new heading
- Delete or add a new page
- Delete a post (however if you set a post to draft it will no longer display)
- Add or delete images from the home slide show
- Anything above the menu bar ie. logo and contact details
- Editing, adding or deleting forms
3. Managing your homepage image links
These links require images that are all sized the same and they also link to different areas on your site. You can find these links under posts in the category "Promo Links"
- Edit your image to 188px wide X 134px high (See Image Management)
- Select "Set Feature Image" located on the bottom right of your post editing page. Then upload the new image.
- Next link your page to the relevant area. ie if you want an item to promote your memberships go to the membership page copy the url from the url bar and then go back to you post and paste the url in the area called "Page Links To"
- "Page Links To" is located underneath the editing box on you post and you will need to select "An alternate URL"
- Finally select the category "Promo Links" from the category list and publish your post.
4. The footer area
In the footer area you have three columns the first is you latest news which will display any news place in the "Latest News" category.
Secondly you have "Quick Links" which you will find in you list of pages. Here you can create any links to specific areas of you site. (see creating links)
Finally there is "Get in Touch" this is also listed in the pages and can be edited the same way as a regular page.
5. Managing the News Slider