- Go to YouTube.
- Create an account If you already have one, go onto the next step.
- Log in to your account.
Click the "Upload" button on the top of the homepage. It's to the right of the search bar, next to "Browse". You can set your privacy settings here before uploading. Select Unlisted for member sensitive videos.
Choose a video file. Click "Browse" to look through files on your computer. YouTube accepts these video formats:
- .AVI (Audio Video Interleaved)
- .3GP (cell phones)
- .MOV (Mac)
- .MP4 (iPod/PSP)
- .MPEG or .MPG (Motion Picture Experts Group)
- .FLV (Adobe Flash)
- .SWF (Shockwave Flash)
- .M4V (h.264)
- .WMV (Windows Media Video)
- .WEBM (HTML5)
- Click the Upload Video button.
Enter the details. Required information includes the title of the video, the description of the video, what category the video should be in and the tags. Optionally, you can fill in theBroadcast Options, the Date and Map Options and the Sharing Options.
- Adding a description to your video will allow for others to learn more information about it, which will display at the bottom of the video.
- Tags allow other YouTube users to see your video by linking common words associated with your video (e.g. Dancing Elephants has a tag of "elephants," "dancing," and "funny"). Other videos with similar tags will often be seen together in the "Recommended videos" sidebar.
- Annotations allow you to add notes or pauses to the video that you may have forgotten to put in. These can allow the viewer to see additional information about your channel, for example, without having to read the description.
- Choose Privacy settings. Public Videos can be searched for and viewed by anyone. Unlisted Videos are only accessible to people who know the video link. Private Videos are limited to 50 YouTube users. You must know their YouTube username or email address to share the video.
- In Advanced Settings, you can enable or disable comments and video replies.
- Hit Save. Your title, description, etc. will be saved when your video has completed uploading. When the bar fills, you have posted a video on YouTube.
- Optionally, share your video. You can share your video through Facebook or Twitter, or you could send your friends the video link. Copy the URL to share (for Public & Unlisted videos) by clicking Share.
To embed your video into another webpage, click Embed. Change security settings as desired. It is recommended that you deselect the "show suggested video" option.
Highlight & copy the code from the box. The code will start with <iframe....
On your website : Edit the page or post where you would like the video to appear. The code you have copied will need to be pasted into the html/code view.
Place your cursor on the page where you want to insert the video and type ENTER HERE - this is to guide you to where you are going to paste the code when viewing the html.
Click on the html view button :
The code view window will open. Look for the text that says ENTER HERE. Highlight this and replace/paste with your iframe text.
- Now your video will appear on the page, without needing a hyperlink.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article