MiClub Communications - Enews
Welcome to the new MiClub Communications Module.
This document will serve as a basic guide to how to set up and send an enews campaign.
- Create a contact list
- Contact Lists can be created in two ways:
- Selecting existing members or groups of members from your MiClub Membership Database
- Non- members can be imported via csv with 3 fields; First Name, Last Name and Email Address. Individual Non members can also be added.
Method 1 – Existing Members in Database
- Login as administrator and navigate to Communication > Contact Lists
- Click on button to Add New List
- Give the list a name, then select members to be added. This can be done by individual or groups of members
- Individuals. Search and add individual members by name or membership number. Click on Add. Each individual is added to the list. If they don’t have an email address a warning – “no email” will display
- Groups / Membership Categories – select which member categories you would like on this particular list – you can choose all, all members, all public members, or a specific category / categories.
- Filter Members
- You can then make the list more targeted by adding database filters – Date of Birth, gender, handicap, postcode, join date, first aider
- You can also filter by tags. Tags are a way of grouping members with custom labels. i.e. you can create a label for committee members for a particular year, then search for all of the committee members and tag them. This can be accessed in Communication > Manage Tags.
Method 2 – Non-members import via a csv file or enter individually
- Go to Communication > Contact Lists
- Click on the button - Import List
- Choose file to import - must be CSV format
- Click on Upload
- Name the List
- Confirm the field mapping is correct - that the first last name and email address fields are mapped correctly. Next.
- Alternatively, click the Add Individual button to enter one at a time.
- To export non member lists from your current MiClub enews system, ready to import.
- Login as normal to enews.miclub.com.au
- Navigate to “Subscribers”
- Select the Subscriber list you wish to export, ensure active is selected in the second dropdown – scroll to bottom of the page and choose expor
- Create your enews
- Navigate to Communication > Enews
- This will bring you to your enews dashboard
- Click on New Email Campaign, fill in the details on the General Settings page, click next.
- Select the recipients.
- This can be done by individual, communication list or membership Categories, you may preview the recipient list at this time.
- Select the Template that you would like to use (There will be at least one template set up for your club, which will usually include a logo, header image and footer– if you have more than one template, please ensure you have chosen the correct one, as it cannot be changed once chosen).
- You are now in the Edit Content Phase of the Enews.
Note: Prior to beginning the content phase of your enews, we recommend that the basic layout / text / images are set up in a word document. When copy and pasting the text into the enews, it should be filtered through notepad or https://word2cleanhtml.com/ to remove any code that Word has created.
- To add a section into your enews you can select the style that you require from the snippets on the left and drag and drop them into your template.
- There are a number of different snippets on the right hand side, and if you hover over them a short description will show (i.e. 2 column paragraph with button, divider line, text wrap image right, etc)
- Please ensure that you save your work as you go – the Auto Save Enabled option will not save, but will provide you with a reminder to do so.
- Adding and Editing Images
- Drag and drop a snippet with an image into the working document.
- Hover over the image and click “Edit Image”, you will be prompted with the following box:
- Click on the link next to Image Source, an image file will open, you can select an image from that file, or upload a new one, by clicking the upload link in the top left hand corner . You can also manage the folders for the images in this window.
- Once you have clicked on the upload button a window will open allowing you to navigate to the files on your computer to choose the images to upload, select the image you would like to use and click Open
- At this stage, you can choose from the filters on the image or to resize, then click upload.
- Select the image (mark with a tick) you have just uploaded, then click the select option at the bottom of the screen. If you wish to link the image to a web page at this point, you can do so by entering the url into the box, or if you wish to link to a document / pdf, you can upload the document
- Have to re upload image?
- Once happy with click next and go on to preview screen.
- Check Summary Settings
- Send test e-mail (recommended)
- Preview in different sizes (desktop, Tablet, Phone)
- Once happy – send email.