The Lottery feature randomises the entry process for members so each entrant has an equally lucky or unlucky chance to obtain a tee time on busy or heavily contested timesheets.
A member accesses the fixture list up to 30 minutes prior to the scheduled opening of a timesheet, selects 'Join Draw' to get a ticket in the Lottery and waits for the clock to countdown. The draw closes 5 seconds before the timesheet opens and entrants are randomised like a lottery.
The first 10 members in the 'Lottery' have immediate access to the timesheet to find a tee time. The remainder of entrants are ordered by their allocated ticket number. So Ticket #1 is the eleventh member to enter the timesheet.
The advantages of Lottery
- Eliminates fastest click win
- All connected devices have an equal chance regardless of internet type and speed
- Completely random
- Members have a better chance of getting the tee time selected with only 10 members accessing the timesheet at any one time ie less rejected selections
- Only adds approximately 15 to 20 seconds to the booking experience, if not one of the first 10 to enter the draw.
- Number of members first entered into timesheet - default is 10 *
- Seconds prior to lottery closing - default is 5 *
* customise default settings
Here are some screenshots for member view
- Member enters draw
- Member waiting for timesheet to open
- Timesheet opens and is first in line with ticket
- Timesheet opens and is fourth in line with ticket
1. Member enters draw
2. Member waiting for timesheet to open
3. Timesheet opens and is first in line with ticket
3. Timesheet opens and is fourth in line with ticket
Sample Member News item or Email campaign and images(screenshots)
A new 'Lottery' feature for the booking system will be implemented from <enter_date> and apply to all timesheets but specifically for the very popular <day1> and <day2> timesheets.
Members will now Join the Draw within 30 minutes of timesheet open and be allocated a ticket with a position number in a virtual queue when the countdown timer reaches zero. Check the images below.
The 'Lottery' will send the first <10 default unless changed> members into the timesheet to make a booking, all others will get a ticket in the queue to enter the timesheet when those ahead have completed their booking. This may add 15 to 20 seconds to the booking experience for those not in the first 10.
The benefits of the 'Lottery' are
- No more fastest click wins
- Your device or internet speed will not affect your entry in the draw
- Random draw for all
- Fairer for all as resembles a traditional members draw here at the club
- There's less chance you will be rejected with 'Row Taken'