This solution outlines the process of raising and emailing or printing annual membership renewal invoices for customers using MiClub membership data base XClub v1.0.27. The same principles can be applied to customers using MiMembership v2.0.6+.
Step 1 – Update Charge and Membership Types
Club Sync – MiClub Website Integration
We recommend you STOP running this feature before processing your annual membership renewal invoices. This will enable to you to delete invoices if you make a mistake during the membership renewal process. Please contact MiClub Support for assistance.
Before making changes to your data base and processing your annual membership renewal invoices, ensure you have run an XClub backup.
Ad Hoc Charges
Check your members ad hoc charges by running comparison reports by Charge Type and Attribute Type, add ad hoc charges where applicable.
Charge and Membership Types
Update your Charge Type and Membership Type values ($) for the new financial year.
- Click on Config icon from the Main Menu (left column)
- Click on Charge Type
- Overtype default Charge Type amount to new values
- Click on Membership Type
- Overtype default Membership Type amount to new values
- Repeat this process for the Membership Category (Discount) feature
Step 2 – Apply Default Membership Charges
Update all members’ individual default charges to reflect any new values applied in Step 1.
- Click on Members icon from the Main Menu (left column)
- From Search window, click Close OR select your saved Search for Annual Renewals
- Click the top left cell to highlight all members
- Click Change icon (from menu located at bottom of screen)
- The Global Change window will appear, select Default Charges from the drop menu list
- Click OK
- A second window will appear, click on Defaults – this will apply the changes made to the charges in Step 1 to all members in the highlighted list (Item 9). Click OK in the next window to update and/or add charges to the members in your Search list
- To update Ad-hoc Charge Types such as Locker Fees, click Change icon. The Global Change window will appear, select update Ad-hoc Charges from the drop menu list, click OK. A second window will appear, click Yes – this will apply the changes made to the charges in Step 1 to all members in the list that have an Ad-hoc Charge Type
Step 3 – Create Invoices
Create annual membership renewal invoices for all members using the Default charges applied in Step 2.
- Highlight all members in the List View, then click Invoices+ icon (from menu located at bottom of screen)
- From Invoice window click Yes
- Another Invoice window will open, click Defaults
- The Invoice window will now open. Adjust invoice dates to your requirements (Start and End dates generally reflect your financial year i.e. 1 July to 30 June
- Add any notes (these will appear on the printed invoice) i.e. Membership Renewal 2017
- Tick Check Box to create payment plan for members on direct debit payment plan, then Click on Create
Step 4 – Print Invoices
Print invoices created in Step 3 as a group or by membership type.
- If posting renewal invoices and you want to print one membership type at a time or a particular group of members, click Search and select from your list of saved Searches or Build a new Search. Note: if you wish to email member invoices your Searches to print and post invoices should only include members without email addresses. Please contact MiClub Support if you require assistance
- Click on Invoices icon from the Main Menu (left column)
- Tick box named Use Search Results
- Highlight all invoices (to select all click on the first row, hold down the keyboard Control key and click A)
- Click on Print icon from the Main Menu
- A window will open, click Invoice
- A second window may open, click Yes if you want advance payments and outstanding amounts to appear on the invoice, or click No
- The invoices will appear in the print preview screen. We recommend you review invoices before printing
- Click on the printer icon from the print preview tool bar
- Repeat print process for each membership type or Search list
Step 5 – Emailing Invoices
Email the invoices created in Step 3 as a group or by membership type. We recommend you create email and letter templates prior to creating your search lists (refer Items 39 to 42).
- Create and save a number of Searches of members with email addresses by membership type or specific group of members i.e. Surnames start with A.
- Click on one of the saved Search lists to open
- Click Mail icon from the Main Menu (left column)
- A mailing list window will open, click on the middle button with the number of members in your search that you wish to email
- Select your letter template from the drop menu (bottom of screen). If creating a new letter go to Item 39
- Click on Preview Emails
- Update email subject and attach any other PDF document i.e. a newsletter, you want to send with the invoices
- Click Send, repeat process for each saved Search list
- If creating a new letter, select Create New Letter from drop menu. Click on Create/Edit. Type in letter name i.e. Annual Membership Renewal, click OK
- Click Create/Edit Header, add content, click Save
- Click Create/edit Footer, add content, click Save
- Click Create/edit Body, add content, click Save
- Click Preview Emails. Update email subject and attach any other PDF document i.e. a newsletter, you want to send with the invoices
- Click Send
- To print invoices for members without an email address follow the process outlined in Step 4 – create a Search for members with no email addresses
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article